In this episode we’re doing something a little different. We’re flipping the mic! James Barnett, founder of Neighborly, is back on the podcast, this time to interview ME! I thought that while I’m asking others to share their story, it only makes sense to share mine too! In this episode, I’m sharing part of my personal story with you. It’s my best attempt at sharing why this podcast exists and all the ins-and-outs of what it took to get here.
While I still consider myself very blessed, I’ve had to navigate difficult seasons in my own life, just as we all do…After all, it’s part of being human, living in a fallen (yet beautiful) world, right? In this episode, I’m sharing some of those more difficult parts of my life too. Ultimately, my goal is to help you get to know me better! I want to get to know you too, so don’t forget to join The Lovelight Stories Community where we dig into our stories and social topics on a deeper level. I just can’t wait to meet you, Lovely!
LISTEN TO EPISODE #5 NOW:
Topics covered in this episode:
- How Lovelight Stories began with God’s calling on my heart
- Why I’m doing this work and the journey it took to get here
- How my brother Jesse became a big part of my own personal story
- Dealing with anxiety and mental health
- Considering whether you’re ready to share your own story? Snag my First-Time Storyteller Checklist to tell your story with confidence and no regrets!
- Join the LS Community!
- Follow Stephanie on Instagram @stephaniemjacobs or Facebook @stephmjacobs
- Follow the LS Podcast on IG for exclusive content @lovelightstories
- Read “The Story Behind Lovelight Stories” for more details and pictures to go along with this episode!
ABOUT JAMES BARNETT
After having chosen to live homeless for two years, James Barnett founded Neighborly, a relationship-based poverty relief organization advocating for biblical justice. Their mission is to deinstitutionalize charity by helping you become friends with those at a disadvantage.